July 25 – August 22, 2020 – 4 Weeks – 300hr YTT
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica with Jacqueline Chiodo, ERYT 500
Take your yoga teaching to the next level with Anamaya’s first 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training.
This training is available to students who have completed a 200 hour yoga teacher training and the required prerequisites from Yoga Alliance and Jacqueline (more info below). It’s ok if you didn’t do your 200 hr YTT at Anamaya or with Jacquleine as long as you complete the prerequisites before the course begins. Your certified school will be Joyful Yoga. Once you complete this training, you’l be able to apply for the 500 hour certification level with Yoga Alliance online, and you will be very well prepared from all the different aspects incorporated in Raja Yoga’s 8 limbed path, from asanas to mantras to pranayama to lessons for living as a yogi/yogini.
Jackie is requiring that all students who register have already begun teaching yoga, or at least have some recent teaching experience. Also, as a prerequisite, students will need to have prior knowledge of the chakra system and Ayurveda, as Jackie will be taking this to the next level from her 200 hour program. You are not required to have studied with Jackie in her 200 hour program in order to register for her 300 hour program, but if you do not have the prior knowledge, we will have a prerequisite reading/homework assignment that will be given upon registration.
In her 200 hour program, the foundation is laid to be able to teach from a place of compassion, knowledge, and consideration. She focuses on precise alignment for most of the common asanas you would find in any style of hatha yoga. If you have not had this experience and knowledge in your 200 hour, you will need to read prior to the course to gain understanding of chakras and ayurveda.
Within the context of this 500 hour program you will:
- Deepen your ability to give gentle hands-on assists as well as refine verbal cues and demonstration.
- Acquire and experience extensive knowledge of Ayurveda as a lifestyle and yoga practice, create dosha balancing asana classes with knowledge of the energetic effect of each pose.
- An individual ayurvedic consultation with Jacqueline is optional during the program. You will be offered suggestions for balancing your constitution as a take home lifestyle routine that cannot always be accommodated in a group setting.
- Have access to individual hypnotherapy sessions with Jacqueline. They are encouraged to enhance your personal experience of the teachings, however they are not included or required. You can sign up for sessions once the course begins if it feels right for you.
- The chakra system will be explored and realized in greater depth to expose each student to the mysteries contained within, in order to understand the world around.
- You will be more effective and inspiring as an example of living and leading yoga in the world.
Topics of the Program:
- Applied anatomy for therapeutic yoga: special conditions/modifications
- Bhagavad gita: philosophical exploration
- Yoga sutras: deepening the practice of the 8 limbs
- Chakra yoga experience
- Yin yoga
- Yoga nidra
- Ayurvedic lifestyle and yoga practice
- Refine verbal cues/assists
- Breathing techniques
- Sanskrit mantras and names for key poses
- Koshas as a model for yoga therapy
- Theme- based group classes
- Find your niche and deepen your connection with students
- Guidance on leading workshops and retreats
Jacqueline weaves the teachings of the yoga sutras, and the Bhagavad Gita, into the Buddhists insights of vipassana, through the chakras into the subconscious mind, with meditation/yoga nidra and self hypnosis. Each of these teachings or paths, leads to the same place..The power of the mind. This course will guide you into this awareness of mind and and how to work with it, in a more harmonious way. Our daily meditations will give you the opportunity to understand and apply these concepts to your life, and in doing so, you will see and feel the lasting results. Free your mind and the rest will follow. As the mind settles and becomes clear, intuition is enhanced and awareness is profound. These four weeks in the jungle are life altering. Daily study and practice of yoga, in the heart of the natural world, with kindred spirits around you…this experience will connect you with a sense of clarity and purpose, enhancing your teaching skills while bringing your dreams to life.
Required Reading List
As a pre-requisite, students should read:
- The art of living: vipassana: William Hart
- Yoga teacher toolkit: Joseph LePage ($60 approx.)
- The language of yoga: Nicholai Bachman
- Eastern body/ western mind: Anodea Judith
- Insight Yoga: Sarah Powers
- Yoga Nidra: Swami Saraswati (blue cover)
Upon approval of application and registration, I will email you reading assignments to be completed prior to our program start date, this will prepare you for the work we will be doing together.
You will need to bring some of the books with you. Many of these books are available electronically and this is recommended to reduce weight in travel, it is also more cost effective.
A few handouts will be emailed to you, along with an Ayurveda consultation questionnaire, please print these out and bring with you, we will review these during lecture and will be helpful for you to use as review sheets for the final.
I look forward to taking this journey together!
Bio: Jacqueline Chiodo, ERYT 200, 500; Ayurvedic Practitioner
Jacqueline began her yoga practice in 1995, after suffering a neck injury in a car accident. What started out as physical therapy, quickly morphed into a practice of emotional, mental and spiritual awakening. At the age of 22, Jacqueline entered the corporate world as a financial advisor, and came to realize the impact of stress and the toll it took on her. Yoga helped her make a transition from a world of finance to her full time career as a yoga instructor and Ayurvedic practitioner. Jacqueline graduated from Rutgers University with a degree in Religious studies, with an emphasis on eastern philosophy and spirituality with leading professor Edwin Bryant.
Since 1995, Jacqueline has had the honor of studying with the best modern day teachers in yoga and Ayurveda and has a deep respect for all spiritual paths. Her style is a blend of each system she has worked with over the years and combines precise alignment of the physical body with a breath based Vinyasa flow to link each pose in an effortless way. As an Ayurvedic practitioner, Jacqueline tunes into the elements through the seasons, time of day and constitution (dosha) of each student to ensure they receive not just what they want but what they actually need for balance and transformation. Her non-dogmatic approach honors the concept that within the realm of yoga and Ayurveda there is no one practice that will be perfect for everyone, and in this way takes the “it depends” approach in order to determine what is nourishing and balancing vs. toxic and depleting. She practices and teaches the classical path of Raja yoga, which is based on Patanjali’s eight limbed approach, the royal path of yoga, encompassing all levels of asana, modified to meet the needs of students, conscious living, breath work, mantra, and meditation. She believes in the complete system of yoga, which includes everything from the physical to the subtle, creating balance on the mat and in your life.
Jacqueline is passionate about the power of yoga to transform ones life and continues to dedicate herself as a student through regular practice and study. One can only teach from a place of experience, so she continues to motivate and inspire her fellow students by doing her best to lead by example.
Jacqueline has received over 2000 hours in certifications from teachers of various styles, primarily inspired by: Charles and Lisa Matkin (Yoga zone, NYC), Yogi Hari, Dharma Mittra, Seane Corn, Shiva Rea, Tias Little, Aadil Pakhilvala, and most recently completed her 500 hour with the Himalayan Institute, founded by great Yoga Master Swami Rama.
Jacqueline has influenced thousands of students in her 10 years of teaching and currently leads classes, workshops, retreats and trainings in her family studio in SW Florida, Joyful Yoga, as well as internationally in Costa Rica and Peru.
Training at Anamaya
By the end of this month, you will not only be certified to teach yoga, but you’ll probably be in the best shape of your life, both physically and biochemically because of Anamaya’s ultra-healthy meals. Our luxurious accomodations, healthy organic food, and sense of exotic style will create an intimate and unforgettable experience that you will rave to your friends about. Just check out our Trip Advisor reviews to see what our guests have been saying about us: Anamaya Reviews.
Our yoga teacher training includes the following:
- Four weeks accommodation (several options to fit your budget)
- All classes needed for your teaching certificate
- 3 organic meals plus 2 snacks per day
- Beach excursions
- Waterfall hikes
- Dance party and circus performance
- Includes everything but your travel and books!
EXTRA DISCOUNT OFFER! Bring a friend with you and receive $200 off the price of your yoga teacher training! Or bring more friends and recieve $200 off for each friend that comes with you!
In addition, we’ll take you to the most amazing white sand beaches around, which were chosen to be in the top-10 most beautiful in the world by Forbes magazine. We will be doing our utmost to make sure that you have the best and most memorable month of your life in Costa Rica.
Please read our Retreats FAQ page, which is extensive and carefully crafted to answer almost all the questions that our guests routinely have. You will find it very helpful.